Things to remember about integrating technology
- Curriculum should drive technology - not the other way around.
- There is a difference between "using" technology and "integrating" technology.
- Do any of these barriers to technology integration sound familiar: no time, no knowledge, no support, no resources?
- You now have help in the form of an educational technologist - here to give you the support you need, offer resources, give you knowlege, and work with you to create an integrated curriculum.
- You do not have to be "expert" in the use of a technology in order for your students to use it. I promise.
Use the rubric below to see where you are in the quest to integrate technology
Your best resource....each other!
Although I am here to help you in any way I can, sometimes your best ideas and lessons come from other instructors. Part of what we teach our students is to help others, collaborate, share ideas, brainstorming. Here is a chance for you to practice what we preach - share ideas, links, lessons with others. We want to know how you are working to integrate technology - what works for you, what doesn't, what questions you have. Opening a dialogue can only enrich the experience we all share as lifelong learners! Click HERE to enter the Galveston College Instructors' forum! We are anxious to hear from you!